3.18.2010

Books

A couple months ago my mother-in-law started a book group in our neighborhood. Last night was our second time meeting and we read "Hunger Games". It was a great book and I actually really enjoyed reading it. I've never been much of a reader but recently I've really started to like it. I've decided that reading is going to have to be one thing that will keep me busy this summer in Virginia. I've been trying to listen to people's suggestions of books they've really enjoyed so I can start making a list of ones I want to read. Some people have mentioned are...










If you have read any of these and liked or didn't like them, or have any more suggestions of books you love, let me know!

5 comments:

April Millar said...

Hello! I think I have only met you once, I am April I went to high school with Mark. Anyway I was blog stalking you guys and I read this post, and you need to know The Alchemist is my all time favorite book!! I can't even count how many times I have read it. It is an easy read but every time I read it I get something different out of it and it helps me to better understand life. Also I really liked The Peacegiver. Good luck in your reading adventures

Melissa said...

Hey Mickelle! This is Melissa just stalking your blog because I miss you and Mark, and wanted to see what you're up to. I love those books especially the Alchemist! Let me know how The Samurai's Garden is. Miss and love you guys! Can we have a party before you guys leave for Virginia Beach?

Mickelle said...

Thanks guys! I actually tried to check it out today but of course they were all checked out. I did get the red tent though so I'll let you know if it's any good. Mark's mom is reading Samurai's Garden and she is really liking it.

kurt and angel blain :) said...

duuuuuddeeee!!! the peacegiver is sooooo good!! you will love that one for sure!! and i miss you and hope you are doing well!!! and i agree with you though, i've never been a reader really either and now it's like one of my new hobbies it's weird. but you will love it!!

Lisa said...

I really liked The Last Lecture. The Alchemist was a good read, but not my favorite. The Red Tent was educational. I haven't read the rest so, let me know how those go. I have to read The Help for book club this month. I've heard it's awesome!