5.28.2010

We Made It!

Wow, we made it to VA Beach! I FINALLY got internet today so now I can get caught up on our lives here.

Saturday, May 8th we left UT at 3:00 AM...

...arrived in Columbia, MO at 9:30 PM...



...Left Columbia, MO at 6:00 AM...

...Arrived in Virginia Beach, VA at 1:00 AM Monday, May 10th.

We were EXHAUSTED to say the least.


Mark has been busy getting his team all trained and out selling. There has been a lot of babysitting and "butt wiping" but I think we've finally got things somewhat rolling. Who knew running a sales team could be so much work! Mark said he feels somewhat like a mission president trying to keep everyone motivated, doing what they're supposed when they're supposed to, and dealing with discipline and drama. I have been SO impressed with how well he has done with everyone and at staying calm and not getting too stressed out with all the pressures he has to deal with. It's already been a great learning experience for both of us.

I on the other hand, have been doing absolutely nothing. I have had no internet, no TV, no car and no job which leaves VERY little to do! I have already read 2 books finished a cross-stitching project I started when I was 14, played solitaire a million and a half times, watched quite a few movies and done about 4 puzzles. It's been good for me to have to learn to entertain myself and figure out some hobbies. Now all I have to do is talk Mark into letting me buy a sewing machine so I can do a few projects while I'm out here!

I haven't taken many pictures since we've been here because sitting around all day at home you don't find many exciting things to document. However, I have found 2 furry friends that have been keeping me entertained...

Meet Sherman and Sam the squirrels living in the tree outside our living room window :)






One thing about living here is that there are squirrels, birds, bunnies and ducks EVERYWHERE! Just walking through the grounds of the apartment complex I'll see at least 7-8 squirrels, a family of ducks and if I'm lucky even a little bunny rabbit. I told Mark I feel like Snow White!

No comments: