7.17.2010

Inspired


Recently I finished the book, "Mothers of the Prophets". (If you haven't read it I highly recommend it!) These women were so incredible and their children looked up to them, loved them and respected them more than anything. They taught them the gospel and what was important in life. They developed skills early in life that helped them to become the type of mothers they were. After reading this it got me thinking what kind of mother I want to be. I want to be the type of mom where my kids know how much I love them, that I love the gospel and that it is the most important thing in life.

From reading this book I also developed the desire to be more "home-makerish" (sorry, made-up word...). I recently got a sewing machine and really want to get good at reading a pattern and be able to make things for my house and kids. I also want to learn how to can, make freezer jam and homemade bread, be able to cut my boys and husbands hair, have family home evening, and family scriptures and prays regularly. I know that if I want to be able to do all this I need to develop good habits now, especially with having family home evening, scripture study and prayers as a couple. I hope that when the time comes I can live up to Heavenly Father's expectations and be the type of mom he needs me to be for the kids he sends to us.

Love this...

Motherhood:-An-Eternal-Partnership

1 comment:

RussNatEvans said...

Oooohhh, I'll have to put that book on my list to read! I'm possitive you'll be a great mom. I just cant wait to see what those little kiddies of yours will look like. Miss you, hope things are well!