11.15.2010

Simple Things

This week Mark and I decided to make a few goals for ourselves. One of the main ones I am working on is enjoying each day. I feel like with my busy life I don’t take time to enjoy things. I’m always looking ahead to the next thing and never enjoying the moment I am in now. During the day I just can’t wait to be done with something so I can get to the next but once I’m to the next I just can’t wait to get that over with. I finally stopped and thought, “What am I so anxious to get to? The weekend? The end of the day? Sleep?” It got kind of depressing because there really wasn’t anything. I was just wishing time away. I decided I needed to sit down and think of some simple pleasures that I enjoy and make me happy everyday so I can enjoy life…as it is…right now.

The heater in my car…I love driving to work on these cold winter mornings, snuggled up in my coat with the heater blasting. It is so warm and cozy. It makes me want to stay there all day. (It’s a good thing too because I’m in it a lot!)

Cold water…there is nothing better than a cool refreshing glass of water right out of the fridge

Getting texts from Mark…it always makes my day even if they aren’t anything special. Just to know he’s thinking about me :)

Good parking spots…isn’t it the best?!

Keyless entry…I don’t know how I’d live without mine. I swear my hands are always full when I’m getting in or out of my car.

Yogurt and granola in the morning…yummy!

Warm showers before bed…I love that refreshing feeling being clean and wanting to get in the covers.

When someone comments on my blog or writes on my Facebook wall…always makes me feel loved.

The feeling I get after I exercise and feel invigorated and motivated.

Laughing…I love laughing. Who doesn’t though? I laugh everyday and it’s the best!

Mark’s delicious bean dip…so good!

My hair right after it has been cut and colored…can you tell I’m itching to get it done?

Clean house…I always feel so relaxed and calm when my house is clean.

Chatting it up and having a good time with the girls at work.

I know these are all little stupid things but just thinking about them has made me enjoy the little things of life so much more. I hope I can keep it up and enjoy each moment even if it isn’t always full of excitement.

2 comments:

annie andersen said...

soo double date this weekend??
i think YES! =) mark called me while i was working =) we have to set one up pronto! =) ps i love this post and i feel the exact same way! i find myself anxious to get onto the next exciting thing in life ya know? just gotta slow down and just enjoy moments =)

jenny said...

i totally know what you mean, i tend to do the exact same thing. thanks for the reminder :) i love all of the little things you are grateful for.