5.26.2011

New Discoveries

I thought I'd share with everyone my newest discoveries since being in Tennessee.

1. The Post Office...
All I can say is wow... This place is not only a post office, but a movie rental store with tanning beds along the edges! The counter where you would usually check out your movie they whip out towels and goggles. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. Then the other counter is a random little post office. My favorite has to be the lady there though. She calls everyone, "baby" and "chickipoo". It's classic. We had to get a picture of this place...





2. Steak N' Shake
A few nights ago we had our first experience with a Steak N' Shake. I was pleasantly surprised! It was a cute little diner, and for Mark and I both to get our own dinner, and share a milkshake, it was 15 bucks including tip! Pretty good deal! I'm a sucker for milkshakes too so I'm sure we'll be back there a few more times. :)



3. Dippin Dots…
Of course I’ve had Dippin’ Dots before but did you know there’s an actual Dippin’ Dots store where all they serve is Dippin’ Dots?! It’s pretty incredible. Us girlies (aka wives) took a nice drive over to Franklin the other day to enjoy some Dippin’ Dots. I haven’t had them in years but they were as delicious as I remembered them being.

Lunch at Mimi's...



Dippin' Dots...





4. Nashville Temple...
This is a beautiful temple but it definitely took me by surprise when we got out of the car to walk around. There was a stake center right next to it and the temple was maybe HALF the size of the church, no joke. Not quite what I'm used to in Utah. Definitely the smallest temple I've ever seen. The steeple I think was even shorter than the church's steeple. Angel Moroni looked HUGE on top because the rest of it was so small! We walked around and couldn't get over how they fit all the rooms they needed into that size of a building. It was closed while we were there but we're excited to go back and see inside.




1 comment:

Kara said...

We Love Steak N Shake! I'm so glad you got to experience it